There are three fundamental Ayurvedic principles or goals that prove high performance, be it physical or mental:
1. Decreased levels of ama (toxins) in the body.
2. Balancing and strengthening digestion (agni).
3. Reducing stress levels.
To achieve the above three goals, Ayurveda offers many possible options, and each of them has its own unique ability to change and maintain a higher level of functioning of the mind-body.
These performance-oriented options include: changes in diet and daily routine; the use of stress-reducing practices such as yoga, exercise and meditation, as well as a range of traditional Ayurvedic herbal preparations that support high performance in athletes and everyone else.
Of all the Rasayans - Ayurvedic medicines revered for their positive effects on physiology - the fruit of Amalaki (Amla) is considered one of the most potent and nourishing. The Charaka Samhita (an ancient Ayurvedic text) says: “Amalaki is the best among rejuvenating medicinal plants.” It contains five of the six tastes: sweet, sour, bitter, astringent and pungent. The only missing taste is salty. This gives it a holistic, balancing effect on the three doshas. Amla is soothing for all three doshas (principles of mind-body action), useful for all types of constitution, in all seasons and in all weather conditions.
The fruit of this plant is the only ingredient in Organic Premium Amla Berry tablets. It's not just ground Amla. It is produced according to ancient texts and concentrated in a 21-step process. Amla fruit is also the main ingredient in Amrit Nectar and Amrit Ambrosia.
For athletes seeking the benefits of natural high performance, Amala has many noteworthy beneficial effects:
• Improves protein synthesis, so it is useful for strengthening muscles and building lean muscle mass. Its unique Ayurvedic action offers athletes and bodybuilders a natural way to tone muscles and build lean mass.
• Good for the brain. It nourishes and enhances the coordination between the three aspects of psychic ability—acquisition, retention, and recall—increasing intellect and mental functioning. It supports the nervous system and strengthens the sense organs.
• Increases energy and eliminates fatigue. It supports cell regeneration, the process by which tired, old cells are replaced by viable, new ones.
• Supports the heart. It has the quality of hridya. This means that it nourishes the heart, blood and circulation - the entire cardiovascular system.
• Supports the lungs and balances the Kapha dosha. It is a tonic that helps strengthen and nourish the lungs and all airways.
• Nourishes all dhatus (body tissues) and also helps keep menstruation regular and healthy. This berry supports the reproductive systems in both men and women. It is especially nourishing for female physiology.
• Promotes the absorption of food. Its regular use supports the digestion, absorption and assimilation of food. In addition, it improves the absorption of iron for healthy blood.
• Helps the urinary system. It supports the natural diuretic action by helping to remove waste from the body.
• Acts as a body cooler. It is especially effective during the hot season for cooling Pitta dosha, and is also especially beneficial for Pitta and Vata constitutions. It is constantly recommended for balancing Pitta dosha.
• Strengthens the liver and supports its functions. It also stimulates the liver, helping it remove chemicals, additives, and other toxins from the body.
• Acts as an antioxidant. Amla berry is an effective broad spectrum antioxidant and free radical scavenger that helps slow down the aging process. Supports immunity.
• Balances stomach acids. It soothes mild to moderate acidity and other digestive problems associated with Pitta. In this case, it should always be taken with food.
• An excellent source of vitamin C, easily absorbed by the human body. On a gram for gram basis, Amla has 20 times the vitamin C content of an orange. The vitamin C in the Amalaki fruit binds to tannins, which protects it from being destroyed by heat or light.
• Regulates selection processes. Amla Berry promotes the downward flow of energy in the body. This helps keep the excretion function regular and relieves occasional constipation.
Medicines that support key areas of health
"Organic Digest Tone (Triphala Plus)"
This mixture of herbs is a powerful tonic for the digestive system. Balanced digestion supports high performance. If you feel lethargic, inactive, and occasionally constipated, there is a possibility that toxins are building up in your body. Toxins accumulate when your digestion - and excretion - are out of balance. This preparation is a nightly, all-night cleanser and digestive stabilizer that supports absorption, balanced agni and ojas.
It is a digestive support (agni balancing) herbal composition. According to Ayurveda, occasional acid indigestion is a sign of Pitta imbalance. Too much spicy, spicy food can ignite the excess digestive fire and cause too much stomach acid to be produced. Over time, this can throw your digestion out of balance and lead to a host of health problems.
Rest is the foundation of high-impact activity. The herbs in this formula promote deep sleep throughout the night and wake up feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. This formula is especially for those who have difficulty maintaining their sleep state and wake up in the middle of the night. It also helps those who have difficulty falling asleep and those who wake up early after less than six hours of sleep.
According to Ayurveda, the inability to fall asleep naturally is largely due to stress, feelings of dissatisfaction, junk food, and sensory overload. If you are restless or agitated before going to bed, your mind stays connected to the senses, keeping them active. The Ayurvedic herbs in this formula have a calming, balancing effect on the body, mind and emotions. Sleep becomes deeper and more restful.
This traditional formula aids high-level performance as it simultaneously calms the nervous system while keeping the mind sharp. These herbs help you meet difficult challenges with dignity. This does not apply to other psychological positions. It's about changing your automatic and immediate emotional response to stress and maintaining a healthy emotional response to stress. For published studies, please refer to this page.
"Organic Stress Free Emotions"
This traditional composition promotes self-confidence, positive thinking and contentment by balancing the Pitta subdosha which governs emotional health (Sadhaka Pitta). Arjuna, Ashwagandha, Mica Bhasma, Pearly Bhasma and Holy Basil in this powerful new formula promote mind-emotion coordination. This formula also supports natural resistance to emotional stress and fatigue.
The herbs in this formula take over six months to prepare for use. This traditional composition combines cleansing herbs with nourishing minerals, including mica. These herbs promote healthy stress resistance as well as nutrient absorption and metabolism. They support cell-to-cell communication, which is the Ayurvedic key to healthy immunity. Herbs and minerals also help remove digestive waste and toxins from the body (which can affect natural immunity), promote healthy liver function, and help purify the blood.
"Organic Youthful Mind"
The Ayurvedic herbs in this formulation help to remove toxins that can block mental performance. They also promote a healthy response to mental stress – regardless of age. The herbs in Organic Youthful Mind support innate learning, mental clarity and memory activation, mental energy and alertness levels, consciousness growth, and full mental performance potential.
The Ayurvedic herbs in this formula promote arterial health. They do this by supporting digestion and a balanced fat metabolism. These herbs nourish the blood, muscles, and heart function to help keep your heart healthy as you age. According to Ayurveda, the heart is the seat of ojas, the substance that underlies powerful vitality, dynamic calmness and wakefulness.
From an Ayurvedic point of view, a sedentary lifestyle, lack of proper nutrients and urinary retention can greatly impact prostate health. The traditional Ayurvedic herbs in this formula provide nutritional support across a wide range of targeted areas. These herbs help balance testosterone levels as well as maintain vitality, promote healthy prostate size and function, cleanse the urinary tract, and support the body's natural immune system.
Author: Viktor Matsishin, neuropathologist, Ayurveda specialist, head of the Ayurveda 192 clinic