That's how interesting, while the children are at home, they hate healthy food, but the main thing is to teach them all the same! My son began to cook porridge for himself after he left to study and I think that this is a success (I don’t know about education, but proper nutrition is for sure). I discovered Bulgur relatively recently and somehow immediately fell in love with it. To me, it's somewhere between brown rice and wheat, with a nice nutty flavor. It comes in several varieties, I choose the larger one. And yes, I will give a lot of proteins, as much as 12 grams per 100 grams of cereal. From the sad - it is quite high in calories, but in the morning you can ... And what is the main thing in delicious porridge? right, not the porridge itself, but how you can embellish it!
Ingredients (for 2, and for someone for one):
- 100-125 gr. cereals (if in bags, then 1);
- but carefully with water, if you take bulgur in bags (which I strongly recommend), then 1.5 liters of boiling water is enough, if you take just cereals, then 500 ml of water;
- 1/3 teaspoon salt;
- 1 small tomato or 2-3 cherry tomatoes;
- 1/2 bunch of arugula or cilantro;
- 50 g of soft cheese (I had cheese, but you can Adyghe, Philadelphia);
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds (any other seeds will work too):
- 1 teaspoon of oil, ghee is better of course, although olive oil will also do.
- Boil water in a 2-liter saucepan, add salt;
- We put the grits, no need to rinse, this is the beauty of bulgur;
- Cook over low heat for 20 minutes, under a slightly ajar lid;
- While it is cooking, we prepare vegetables and greens, first of course I wash them, then we cut them - the tomato is into small cubes, the greens are not very small;
- We also cut the cheese into small cubes or three on a grater (I can’t stand a grater, so I try to finely cut everything I can);
- If you cook cereals without a bag, then we wait until all the water has boiled away, if with a bag, then it’s generally easy - just take it out of the pan, pour out the remaining water, tear the bag and pour the porridge back into the pan;
- Well, and the most creative process, mix everything: porridge, tomato, cheese, herbs, add seeds, oil and eat right away!